Waist trainers (waist cinchers, waist shapers or waist training corsets) are the buzz among fashionistas nowadays. From celebrities to models to trainers, several popular women are sculpting their waist by using a waist trainer. Waist trainers are advanced version of the traditional corset design, and they have become the latest rage for women desiring the perfect hourglass figure. A waist cincher works to boost your bust, shape your waist and accentuate your buttocks.
If you have searched online for buying a waist trainer, odds are that you have ended up perplexed since there are plenty of mixed waist trainer reviews for each brand. So, we have combined together the description of a few best waist trainers to help you make the right choice.
Let’s get started with the ultimate waist cincher buying guide. We will also walk you through the list of top 10 waist trainers. Hope these waist cincher reviews will help you make the best decision. So, here we go.
How to choose the Best Waist Cincher
If you want to experience great results with a waist trainer, it is essential you choose the right garment. To find the perfect waist trainer, follow these tips:
- Comfortable Fit: The waist trainers should fit tightly in order to work, but they should allow you to breathe comfortably and should not leave you in pain.
- Adjustable Fit: The waist trainer will initially reduce you a few inches and you might need a smaller one after some time. So, it is suggested to find the one with the adjustable fit, so that you can tighten it as you begin to see the results.
- Fabric: The fabric of the waist trainer should be smooth, comfortable and durable. It will decide how your skin reacts to it. It should not be warm and irritating to the skin. Cotton fabrics are non-irritant; however, satin offers both comfort and quality. Spandex is not very expensive, but can be uneasy to wear.
- Body Shape: Check your body shape before placing an order for the waist trainer. Women with long torso should not buy a compact waist training belt as this will offer them poor coverage. A long and adjustable trainer fits well for tall and plus size women.
- Goals: You should consider your goals before making your purchase. People have different goals; some use them for weight loss while some need them for a temporary slimmer effect during social gatherings. If you are just looking to hide your flaws, go for lighter and concealable ones. On the other hand, choose the one with a tight fit if you want to train and lose weight in a long run.
- Durability: When making the purchase, make sure you check the durability of the fabric. Choose a waist trainer that can endure the wear and tear during your workout regimen.
- Style: The color, style, fit and inner lining of the waist trainer a few of the important details that might enhance the overall experience of the wearer. So, never sacrifice on these things when making your choice. The seamless design will conceal nicely beneath your clothing. A high quality and appealing brand should serve your purpose.
- Size: You should take an accurate measurement of your waist and follow the suggestions of the seller in order to avoid disappointments later on. It is worth noting if the corset rolls over at the waist, it is quite small.
- Cost: Don’t fall for low-quality material that might be ruined after a few uses. Find the one that is budget-friendly and functions well.
If your main goal is to lose weight, make sure to integrate healthy eating and lifestyle habits, along with a regular workout regimen. Always remain hydrated when wearing the waist trainer, especially when you exercise. Also, it is important that you remove the waist trainer if it causes breathing issues or leaves you in pain.
Advantages of using a waist cincher
- You will have a smaller waist – if you want a smaller waist a cincher is the way to go besides exercise. It cinches your waist and in time you can lose a few inches.
- Makes you look thinner – waist shapers will help you look thinner in a matter of seconds. Take one that is similar in color to your skin and you will be able to wear it under your clothes.
- Boost of confidence – everyone likes to admire a curvy woman with a small waist. Your confidence level will increase with every look you get.
- Elongates your stature – short women usually have short torso and a waist cincher can help you give the impression that you are taller. A straight waist does an optical cut from your height when an hourglass shaped waist adds a few inches (optically)
- Posture improvement – it helps you keep your back straight and your tummy tucked in which is a great posture improvement.